TULSA, Okla. - City of Tulsa leaders announced Monday the expansion of the city's community policing in downtown Tulsa.
The new initiative will allow the Tulsa Police Department to expand its Downtown Impact Team as the downtown area continues to grow.
The Downtown Impact Team -- created in 2014 -- currently has one squad and one supervisor dedicated to the downtown area, but the new plan will add one more of each to serve as community resource officers. These officers will work with residents, business owners and downtown stakeholders for public safety needs.
The Public Safety Hub located at 416 South Main Street will serve as office space for the community resource officers.
- As many as 23 dead after tornado whips through eastern Alabama
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Man survives on taco sauce while stranded 5 days in snowstorm
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Dog bites off 4-year-old’s arm as child tries to pet it, reports say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.