TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- The city of Tulsa is looking at options for making crosswalks safer after 49-year-old Michael Reid was killed in the area one week ago today.
- Police say Reid wasn't killed within one of the two crosswalks near 91st and Sheridan, but runners and cyclists say that part of the trail just isn't safe, and they want to see flashing lights or other safety enhancements added.
- City officials say they do have a chance to do that as part of an upcoming street rehab project on Sheridan between 91st & 101st in July of 2019, but they are also looking at what they can maybe do now in the meantime.
Trending on FOX23.com:
- Man fined $128 for warming up car in his own driveway
- Green Country's 'Pioneer Woman' mourns loss of 'Charlie the Ranch Dog'
- The Latest: Dylann Roof sentenced to die for church slayings
- Plea deal means four life sentences for Adacia Chambers
- Investigation underway amid allegations of Pawhuska teacher's abuse of special needs children
© 2018 Cox Media Group.