TULSA, Okla. - Tulsa's city leaders got together Friday to announce a new redevelopment plan to bring new opportunities to north Tulsa.
Mayor G.T. Bynum and Tulsa city counselors announced that Muncie Power Products, INC. will build a new facility at the Peoria-Mohawk Business Park at Peoria and 36th Street North. It will be the first business to locate in the Business Park.
“We are proud and excited to be the first business located in the Peoria-Mohawk Business Park. This new facility will allow us to better serve our customers and support market demand, while also providing the best possible working conditions for all of our employees.” - Ray Chambers, President & CEO of Muncie Power Products, INC.
The Peoria-Mohawk Business Park is made up of over 120 acres of land and will be the focus for the city to create new development opportunities in the area.
The city said the funds for the park were approved through Vision Tulsa and will be meant to be used to position the Business Park to be "the top industrial location in the City of Tulsa."
The City of Tulsa is partnering with the George Kaiser Family Foundation for the redevelopment project.
Below is a series of plans set up for Peoria-Mohawk Business Park according to the City of Tulsa:
- Bus Rapid Transit: In August 2019, the state’s first Rapid Transit system – Aero Tulsa – will launch, servicing the Peoria Corridor from 56th Street North to 81st Street South. Aero Tulsa will provide 15-minute frequency service during peak hours and enhanced bus stations are being constructed immediately adjacent to the site to provide greater access.
- Comanche Park Renovation: The Tulsa Housing Authority is undertaking a master planning effort, which will lead to the complete reconstruction of the Comanche Park complex into a mixed-use, mixed-income community, with a focus on developing a vibrant, walkable community.
- Training and Employment Partnerships: Building on the Due North program, the innovative partnership between Tulsa Community WorkAdvance and Tulsa Tech will provide Muncie Power Products new employment and training resources for prospective and existing employees, with the goal of providing increased employment and support services for North Tulsa and the greater region.
- Site Development: The City of Tulsa is in the process of planning the use of $10,000,000 in development funds approved through Vision Tulsa. These funds will prioritize stormwater master planning and broader investments in the Park that will establish it as a true community asset and the leading Business Park in the city.
- Future Community Reinvestment: The City of Tulsa is also developing a Tax Increment Finance (TIF) District that would allow for additional investment and redevelopment around the site and North Tulsa community, helping to ensure that Muncie’s investment is only the beginning.
- Economic Opportunity: Tulsa Community WorkAdvance will launch NextUp in North Tulsa, an initiative that helps 18 to 24-year-olds connect with effective job placement, career training, and college advancement, developing a workforce pipeline for high growth industries.
- Arizona border town demands feds remove razor wire from border wall
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Mom convicted of murder in infant son's diaper rash death
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- TCSO: Woman arrested after receiving fentanyl package from Mexico
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.