TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- A webpage known to advertise prostitution is no more, and it could cause trouble for law enforcement.
- Continued pressure from the government caused the Backpage website to take down its "Adult" section.
- A child victim advocacy group says they are angry with the site’s decision to take down the page.
- “Children of the Night” says the page acted as the best tool to find victims and rescue them.
- Local police say that though it has made it harder to find criminals, most of the prostitution ads have just moved to the “Dating” section on the website. Now, they have to wade through ads from people looking for a date to find those looking for payment.
- Tulsa police say they do not think the change will deter those who traffic children from advertising wherever they still can online.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Cocaine found on AA plane at TIA
- Deadly wreck closes I-44 exit ramp
- Suspect car hits Sallisaw officer in narcotics bust
- The Latest: German government condemns Quebec mosque attack
- Florida woman jailed again to protect unborn baby from heroin
© 2019 Cox Media Group.