HASKELL COUNTY, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A Haskell County deputy found Checotah Police Assistant Chief Justin Durrett trapped under his car
- He crashed around 6 a.m. Sunday near West Liberty Road and Highway 71
- He was hospitalized with neck fractures and other injuries; he passed away on Feb. 26th.
- Durrett was a 13-year veteran of the police department and father of two
- An account for donations was set up at First Family Federal Credit Union in Checotah
The Checotah Police Department assistant chief has died after a car crash.
It happened around 6 a.m. near West Liberty Road and Highway 71. Justin Durrett was ejected from his car and trapped under his car after the crash.
His friends and family talked to FOX23 about Durrett during his hospitalization.
The police department posted about the crash on their Facebook page.
Durrett died Monday morning.
A fundraiser for the family has been scheduled for all day March 17 at the Muskogee Rib Crib.
People who want to make a donation to support Durrett's family can make a donation in his name at the First Family Federal Credit Union in Checotah.
Trending Now on FOX23
- 71 dead after passenger plane crashes near Moscow, Russia's transport minister says
- Download the FOX23 News app for breaking news and weather alerts on your device
- "All Black Town" produces first black woman Mayor, educators and businessmen
- Police investigate north Tulsa homicide
- Pawhuska group takes in animals from abusive homes
© 2018 Cox Media Group.