TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police told FOX23 Heather Freeman was arrested
- Charges were filed against a woman after a baby was face down in a bucket of mop water in March.
- Tulsa police said someone found the child in a bucket of dirty mop water at the Sandy Park Apartments in Tulsa.
- The child suffered extensive brain injuries and died after being taken to the hospital.
- Records show the 9-month-old child also had meth in his system when he died.
- A police affidavit shows that Freeman admitted to a therapist shortly after the baby's death that "the baby was crying so they drowned the baby intentionally."
- Crime lab tests to determine if the death was intentional or accidental were inconclusive.
- WATCH FOX23 Sara Whaley's full report above.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for new developments sent to your phone.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Suspect killed after west Tulsa fireworks stand robbery
- Ponca City acting gig turns into murder for hire plot
- Historians find Sally Hemings' room in Thomas Jefferson's Monticello
- Bitten by a tarantula hawk? Just 'lie down and scream' biologist says
- Workers uncover 102-year-old time capsule while taking down Confederate monument
Cox Media Group