TULSA, Okla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Kim Kardashian West showed her support for an Oklahoma inmate on death row.
- In a series of tweets Kardashian West advocates for the clemency of Julius Jones, who was convicted in the1999 murder of Paul Howell.
- One tweet urged Governor Kevin Stitt and the state Pardon and Parole Board to consider Jones' clemency petition, which was filed Tuesday.
- According to the Associated Press, Jones' lawyers have asked that his death sentence be changed to time served.
- In 2017, Jones appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court after a juror told Jones' lawyers that another juror used a racist term to describe Jones in his 2002 trial, saying authorities should "shoot him behind the jail."
- The court rejected that appeal.
- Governor Stitt's office provided the following statement:
© 2020 Cox Media Group