OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — Music superstar and Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood expressed her support for teachers, especially her sisters, in an Instagram post on Thursday.
Underwood posted a photo of her two siblings rallying with teachers at the state Capitol.
"So proud of my sisters...Making a difference for the best reason...KIDS," Underwood wrote.
Many Oklahoma schools have been shut down since April 2 for teachers to rally for better education funding from state lawmakers.
- Oklahoma parent finds Blake Shelton's name in daughter's 1980s-era textbook
- Village bans some semi-automatic weapons, to fine owners daily who don't comply
- Bus driver helps girl with her hair after mother dies
- Tulsa teachers embark on 110-mile walk to lobby for education funding
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories delivered to your inbox.
Cox Media Group