BROKEN ARROW, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Officials with Broken Arrow Public Schools confirmed Thursday the district is the victim of a ransomware attack.
- The district said ransomware is "a type of malicious software designed to deny access to a computer system or data until a ransom is paid."
- Officials said that no personal information of any kind appears to have been stolen. The district does not keep financial information in its servers.
- BAPS reached out to cyber-security expert to investigates. The district does not plan to pay the ransom.
- The district also notified the FBI of the incident.
- Read the district's full statement below:
© 2020 Cox Media Group