- A Broken Arrow officer was killed in a motorcycle crash in Coweta Saturday afternoon.
- The officer is being escorted to the Medical Examiner's Office.
- The wreck happened on Highway 51 near 111th around 3:30 p.m.
- Coweta police identified the Broken Arrow officer on Sunday as Eugene Orr.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
Broken Arrow police officer Eugene Orr was killed in a crash Saturday in Coweta.
Coweta police said the crash happened on Highway 51 between a motorcycle, driven by Orr, and a Chevy truck.
Officials told FOX23 the truck turned in front of Orr and he crashed into the side.
Orr was taken to the hospital with apparent broken arms and internal injuries. He later died.
The second driver did not suffer injuries but was taken to another hospital to have his blood drawn. Police said he is cooperating with the investigation.
VIDEO: Broken Arrow officer's body escorted to medical examiner's office
Investigators do not believe alcohol played a role in the crash.
"We are broken-hearted about the loss of our friend and colleague. Thank you in advance for everyone's understanding and patience as we move through this difficult time," said BAPD Chief David Boggs.
Orr was a decorated 12-year veteran of the department.
- Broken Arrow police officer killed in Coweta motorcycle crash
- Lankford joins in call for bipartisan investigation into Russian election interference
- Church roof collapses in Nigeria; at least 160 dead
- Best Buy employees buy Wii-U for kid who came in daily to play it
Cox Media Group