BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Broken Arrow police arrested a man who they say stole copper from a construction site and fought with officers.
Police were patrolling near 5600 W. Austin St. around 4 a.m. Monday when they spotted someone walking near the home.
Officials said that when suspect Colin Brewer saw officers, he ran back into the house and then out the front door.
More officers and a police K-9 arrived to search for the suspect. Officers saw Brewer running nearby and yelled at him to stop, but he refused.
Police said they later found Brewer hiding on the back porch of a neighboring home. He got up and ran toward a fence, but the K-9 officer chased him.
Brewer continued to fight back as officers put him into handcuffs and he tried to escape multiple times, according to police.
When officers searched the home that Brewer was seen in, they found copper tubing pulled out of the ceiling and walls, shredded insulation on the ground, and a blade.
The owner of the construction company told police that Brewer was not authorized to be on site, and damage was totaled at around $6,000.
Officers searched the car Brewer was in and found copper tubing, clamps and cables.
Brewer was arrested for stealing copper, malicious injury to property, obstructing an officer and resisting arrest.
- Aretha Franklin 'gravely ill': reports
- Uber driver beaten, carjacked: ‘This is my car now'
- Staples manager fired after accusing woman pregnant with twins of shoplifting
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mississippi hospital worker fired after video shows him using racial slur repeatedly
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news alerts sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.