TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
A photographer in Broken Arrow is hoping to create awareness for down syndrome during the month of October.
The photos will sometimes be posted with quotes or personal stories.
Gregg says it's about capturing the smiles and personalities to let people know that those with Down Syndrome are more alike than different from everyone else.
She says this is the second year of offering her time and doing the portraits for no cost for families. Gregg told FOX23 this all started after she had her daughter, London, two years ago who also has Down Syndrome. She says it's a blessing to give back and to offer more information to help others who may have questions or are expecting a child with Down Syndrome of their own.
- 9-year-old to be charged with murder, accused of setting fire to mobile home, killing 5
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Oklahoma OB-GYN shortage; state ranks among worst to have a baby
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- 'Be kind to everyone:' Ellen DeGeneres defends friendship with George W. Bush
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.