BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The City of Broken Arrow is seeing reports of a foul smell coming from the water in people's homes.
- The city said it is increasing its water pretreatment operations in response to the reports.
- Customers are supposed to see an improvement in the next few days.
- Despite the "musty/algae smell and taste" the city is not under a boil water order.
- The Broken Arrow Police Department posted on its Facebook page that there is no boil water advisory at this time, but citizens can voluntarily boil their water if they want.
- Police said the water has been tested and is safe to drink.
- Anyone who notices the water is discolored is asked to notify Broken Arrow police so they can contact the appropriate people.
The City of Broken Arrow addressed the issue at a news conference at Monday morning:
- Broken Arrow not under boil water advisory despite 'smelly' water
- Woman robs man with his own sword after using his bathroom, police say
- Perseid meteor shower 2018: 13 stunning photos of nature's light show
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Don’t put your feet on hot car dashboards, experts say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news alerts sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.