BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - Police said the neighborhood of Belle Trace II in the Battle Creek area of Broken Arrow is the first in the city to get individual locking mailboxes for the entire neighborhood.
It’s a huge investment and cost around $60,000.
Last week, crews removed all the matching wrought-iron boxes and installed the new locking boxes.
FOX23 reported on the mail theft problem in the area before. Many residents have been victims in the past.
Mail theft became such a problem that residents asked the homeowner’s association at the 2017 meeting to look into getting locking boxes for everyone.
It’s not very common for an entire neighborhood to get them, but they eventually found a company and worked out an arrangement.
The boxes were paid for with fees paid by residents to the association.
- Amazon Prime offers in-store discounts at Whole Foods
- Murder suspect identified after dropping passport at crime scene, police say
- Teens kill mother possum and 4 babies in Snapchat video, police say
- UCF students to give free bionic arms to children with missing limbs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.