BROKEN ARROW, Okla. - The Broken Arrow City Council is considering adding curbside recycling to their trash services.
Right now, the city has no curbside recycling, and people who want to recycle bring their recycling to a center.
A recycling committee was formed last year to research the feasibility of the program.
The committee is asking the city to do a pilot curbside recycling program.
If curbside recycling is added, the city would likely only do trash pick-up to once a week instead of twice a week, and they would drop a voucher program that provides free trash bags to residents.
The city council will decide next month whether to move forward with the pilot program, and the pilot would likely start early next year.
- 5-year-old gets mock dream wedding ahead of fourth open-heart surgery
- Tulsa police respond to bank robbery near 41st and Garnett
- Here's how to score free coffee from Starbucks this week
- Hidden Valley Ranch offers gifts for the 'Ultimate Ranch Fan'
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.