BRISTOW, Okla. - Quick facts:
- OSBI agents arrested Christopher B. Bivins Wednesday.
- Bivins is a former Bristow teacher accused of having sexual contact with a student.
- He reportedly resigned hours before his arrest.
A former Bristow teacher was arrested after reportedly having sexual contact with a student.
Wednesday afternoon, an OSBI special agent arrested a former Bristow school teacher.
Monday, the Bristow Police Department and Creek County District Attorney’s Office requested OSBI investigate allegations a high school teacher in Bristow was having sexual contact with a student.
OSBI special agents opened the investigation and arrested Christopher B. Bivins, 24, for second degree rape, sexual battery, possession of child pornography, production of child pornography and violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act.
A few hours before special agents arrested Bivins, he resigned from the Bristow Public School District. Bivins was booked into the Creek County jail.
FOX23 found Bivins started working at Bristow High School in 2014. He taught English courses and was the varsity academic club coach. He also led a literature club.
Students said that many of them knew about Bivins' relationship with a female student, and that the student would wear the teacher's jacket.
OSBI said Bivins' phone had multiple texts between the two, as well as videos and pictures of the two together.
- Former astronaut John Glenn dead at 95
- Bristow teacher resigns just before arrest over alleged sexual contact with student
- Deputies investigate alleged murder, suicide at Coweta auto shop
- Tulsa Animal Welfare searches for owner of goat found in coat
© 2018 Cox Media Group.