Pryor OK — UPDATE:
The company released this statement:
Regarding the two employees, one has since been released and the other remains hospitalized and continues to receive treatment. Due to the HIPPA Privacy Rule we cannot disclose medical information of our employees, but we are focused on providing support to our injured colleagues, their families and our employees at the facility.
The area of the plant where the incident occurred remains curtailed and is in a safe state until further notice. We are in the process of conducting a comprehensive incident investigation to determine the exact cause of the equipment failure. In addition, we have initiated a site wide structural assessment. Pending the findings from these investigations, we will apply corrective actions to address any noted safety issues.
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol is on the scene of an industrial accident at Cabot Corporation in Pryor.
- OHP reports there are multiple injuries after a partial building collapse near 6th and 50th Street.
- An ambulance has transported one person so far.
- PHOTOS: Partial building collapse in Pryor
- According to its website, Cabot Corporation is a "leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company."
- FOX23 is at the scene now to learn more.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
Emergency crews responded to a partial building collapse in Pryor Sunday.
It happened before 5 p.m. at Cabot Corporation in the MidAmerica Industrial Park.
Fire officials told FOX23 that an industrial accident caused the collapse. They worked for two hours to rescue a man who was pinned under debris.
Mayes County Emergency Management confirmed two people were taken to the hospital. One was flown and another was transported by ambulance.
The cause of the accident is unclear at this time. FOX23 is at the scene working to learn more.
FOX23 reached out to the company for comment, but have not yet received a response.
OSHA released a statement on the incident:
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- The Latest: Trump slams London's mayor in wake of attacks
- Donald Trump tweets 'We need the travel ban' amid reports of London terror attack
- 'Wonder Woman' conquers milestone with $100.5 million debut
- Troy Aikman gets engaged to girlfriend Capa Mooty on European vacation
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
Cox Media Group