PITTSBURG COUNTY, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Pittsburg County Sheriff has a person of interest in missing person case
- Donella Zukosky disappeared in October
- Christopher Winters faces a complaint of unlawful burying of a human body
- Family members confirmed that a body was found during a renewed search with information from the person of interest Tuesday.
- Deputies confirmed the body was Zukosky's Saturday.
The Pittsburg County Sheriff's Office says they've arrested a person of interest in the disappearance of a 26-year-old woman.
The sheriff told FOX23 Christopher Winters gave them the location of Donella Zukosky's body. He faces a charge of unlawful burying of a human body. %
Family members confirmed with FOX23 that a body was found Tuesday night during a search at that location.
OSBI found a body where Winters allegedly buried Zukosky.
Deputies confirmed that the body belonged to Zukosky a few days later.
Trending on FOX23.com
The Pittsburg Co. Sheriff told FOX23 Winters admitted to doing drugs with Donella the day she died.
He allegedly woke up to find her dead, panicked and buried her in a rural part of the county near the turnpike.
The sheriff does not believe Winters acted alone.
Her father told us the last time he heard from her was in the middle of October.
© 2021 Cox Media Group