TULSA, Okla. - The Brady Theater is getting a makeover!
The historic venue located on the soon-to-be-renamed Reconciliation Way will become the Tulsa Theater in 2019.
Peter Mayo, owner, announced the name change on Thursday. Mayo and his team said the name change had been in the works since the 2013 renaming of Brady Street to M.B. Brady Street.
Officials say Tulsa City Council's most recent vote to change M.B. Brady Street to Reconciliation Way paved the way for Brady Theater's name to change as well. The street was renamed over Tate Brady's ties to the Ku Klux Klan.
- Infant ibuprofen sold at Walmart, CVS, Family Dollar recalled
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Colorado man welcomes baby girl but loses wife on same day
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- New cancer test can detect the disease in 10 minutes
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.