TULSA, Okla. — Constantly living up to its slogan, "Rock the BOK," the SMG-managed BOK Center opened in 2008 and is Tulsa's premier entertainment venue.
You never know what you might find on the calendar for the BOK Center, from exhibition pro sports games to top bull riding events to a chef showdown. Mega concerts are a constant, with past acts including The Eagles, Elton John, Iron Maiden, Garth Brooks, Madonna, U2, Metallica, and George Strait.
No matter what type of entertainment is most appealing to you, check out this "know before you go" visitors' guide to the BOK Center.
Location: 200 South Denver Ave., Tulsa.
Events: World-class concerts and major sporting events.
Tulsa Oilers at the BOK Center: The Tulsa Oilers, a professional ice hockey team based in Tulsa, play in the ECH and hold all their home games at the arena. The Tulsa Oilers' website offers a complete schedule that can be downloaded to an iPhone, computer or Android.
The BOK Center makes premium hospitality available for every Oilers home game, with luxury suites that seat 20 people located 21 rows above the event floor.
Tickets: The center warns visitors that it has seen an increase of invalid tickets presented at its entrance, which it links to the rise in the number of "secondary ticket agencies," also known as scalpers. The venue is not able to honor, replace or refund these invalid tickets, so it encourages a "buyer beware" mentality.
There are just three ways to purchase through authorized ticket sales agents for the BOK Center:
- Buy tickets at the Arby's Box Office at BOK Center, which is at the intersection of 3rd Street and Frisco Avenue. Its hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday with additional evening, weekend and holiday hours that vary according to event schedules.
- Purchase by phone by calling 1-866-7-BOK-CTR or Ticketmaster charge-by-phone
- Buy tickets online at BOKCENTER.com
The center's website provides a downtown map with the center at its hub, along with a link to driving directions.
There are around 9,000 available parking spots within a 10-minute walk of the arena, but the venue itself does not operate a parking facility. The nearby privately-owned lots set their own rates. After 5 p.m., all on-street metered parking is free.
The BOK also partners with Uber, providing a dedicated pickup and drop-off zone during venue events at First Street between Denver and Cheyenne.
- The venue prohibits recording devices, laser pointers, weapons, backpacks, coolers and bottles. Purses and bags are subject to search and leaving an event and re-entering is not allowed.
- All guests must walk through metal detectors upon entering the venue; they are at every entrance. The BOK encourages visitors to arrive early to allow extra time for this security procedure.
- There is a limit on the size of bags allowed in the center: 13 inches x 15 inches x 6 inches. Larger bags are prohibited and guests who bring them will be asked to return them to their vehicles.
© 2019 Cox Media Group