TULSA, Okla. - American Airlines announced the Boeing 737 MAX is expected to be back in service March 5, 2020.
American Airlines says they stayed in contact Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation and Boeing.
When the planes are certified, American expects to run exhibition flights, or flights for American team members and invited guests only, before March 5.
Passengers who had flights booked on a MAX through Jan. 15 will have a schedule change on Nov. 17, and customers who were booked on a MAX through March 5 can see reservation update on aa.com.
American reservations team will contact anyone impacted by email or telephone starting Nov. 17. Customers who booked through a travel agency will be contacted by the travel agency.
- School surprises mom of fallen soldier with much-needed new car
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
- 1 dead, several injured in chemical incident at Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Woman, employee throw trays at each other during fight at Popeyes, video shows
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.