OKMULGEE, Okla. - Okmulgee police on Wednesday said a body has been recovered from Okmulgee Lake after officers investigated reports of a drowning.
Police identified the victim as 19-year-old Okmulgee County resident Cody Herndon.
Officials said witnesses in the Pin Oak Landing swimming area told them a man began to struggle in the water while swimming. He reportedly went under and never resurfaced as other swimmers tried to reach him.
Police searched the area and a diver recovered the Herndon's body.
A GoFundMe page is set up for Cody's funeral costs.
- Tulsa police respond four armed robberies at four different apartments
- Hundreds protest at Supreme Court after Trump nominates Kavanaugh
- All 12 boys, soccer coach rescued from Thailand cave
- George Clooney released from the hospital after motorcycle crash in Italy
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.