BIXBY, Okla. - The White Hawk Golf Club is closed for good after 21 years in Bixby.
The club near 151st and Yale posted online that it would be permanently closed as of February 10. The club cited a declining gold industry and said it has lost money the last few years:
After a 20 year corporate lease and 1 year of private ownership, White Hawk Golf Club will be closed effective immediately as a result of the 15+ years in golf business decline. The golf club will not reopen for the 2019 golf season.
We want to thank all of the loyal community supporters and club members for a valiant effort in an attempt to save a course, which has lost money for several years. We wish everyone the best, and please continue to get out and play the game of golf to preserve the history and allow the future to enjoy the sport we all love.
Thank you, WHGC Team
People who live on the golf course have mixed reactions to the closure. Some told FOX23 they are upset about it and are worried about property values. Others say they are optimistic that the owners will develop it into a neighborhood.
FOX23 reached out to the owners but did not hear back at the time of this report.
- Michelle Obama gets raucous applause at Grammy Awards
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Trump supporters form human chain at U.S.-Mexico border
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Lawmaker introduces bill placing $75 bounty on coyotes
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.