TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- LaVonne Berry turned 95 on April 12th. Her husband, Kay, turns 97 on July 3rd.
- They celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary on September 7th
- Kay is fighting prostate cancer and is a stroke survivor
- LaVonne has moderate dementia
- Both are homebound and lonely, and their daughter, Kay Jordan is their caretaker.
- FOX23's Michelle Linn was there when Tulsa County Sheriff Vic Regalado delivered a birthday cake to LaVonne on her birthday.
- The couple has received hundreds of cards from as far away as Ireland since our report:
WATCH the full report Friday afternoon on FOX23 News. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News App to stream the newscast LIVE.
If you'd like to honor these World War II veterans and help celebrate these milestones, please send cards to a special post office box for their cards:
Mr. and Mrs. Kay Berry
7122 S. Sheridan, Suite 2-363
Tulsa, OK 74133
- Facebook confirms global outage for some users
- Ted Bundy victim confirmed more than 3 years ago, DNA details released this week
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Woman cut off own hand with circular saw to cash in on insurance, police say
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.