TULSA, Okla. — Retired Oklahoma football star and restaurant chain owner Billy Sims teamed up with first responders Thursday.
The Billy Sims Foundation and Billy Sims BBQ donated $25,000 to the Ground Zero K9 Emergency Training Center.
The $20 million state-of-the-art facility is set to be built in Tuttle to house the nonprofit run by Barry and Becky Switzer. Dogs trained by their organization will take part in search and rescue operations after disasters.
Several dogs trained by Ground Zero work with the Tulsa Police and Tulsa Fire Departments.
- Company markets MAGA Build the Wall brick-building set
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Several arrested in Tulsa drug investigation
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Florida man who looks like the 'Joker' arrested again
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
Cox Media Group