PAWHUSKA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The Ben Johnson Cowboy Museum held its grand opening in Pawhuska Wednesday morning.
- The museum focuses on the life of Ben Johnson -- a famous cowboy from Pawhuska who won an Academy Award as well as a world championship in rodeo.
- The museum has hundreds of items from dozens of roping world champions.
- Some exhibits focus on the largest ranches in Osage County -- including the Drummond Ranch.
- The museum's owner says the Pioneer Owman as boosted the local economy and he hopes the museum will add another attraction for people to come to town.
- Admission is $12 and is free for children 6 and under.
- Enormous, furry head of 40,000 year old Ice Age wolf found in melting permafrost
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- University of New Mexico researchers develop potential Alzheimer's vaccine
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- WATCH: Jon Stewart slams Congress in emotional testimony at 9/11 victim fund hearing
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.