BARTLESVILLE, Okla. — Quick facts
- The Bartlesville School Board is holding a special public meeting tomorrow to hear more public input on the possibly school suspension, since last week public comments were limited.
- The Bartlesville Educators Association supports a school suspension in Bartlesville, allowing teachers to attend the state capital and pressure legislatures to stop cutting school funding and start raising teachers' salaries.
- Bartlesville Educators Association plans on sending teachers down every Tuesday to the state capital during "Teacher Tuesdays." However, teachers would have to take personal time to do so.
- The Bartlesville community overwhelming supports the possibility of a teacher walkout for the sake of the students.
- School board and teachers expect a "teacher walkout" the coming months.
- Oklahoma Senate committee approves bill requiring 'In God We Trust' in public classrooms
- Join the conversation- 'Like' FOX23 News on Facebook
- Riverside construction could slow commutes for area drivers
- Breaking News, Weather and Traffic on your mobile device- FREE DOWNLOAD
- Midtown Tulsa Starbucks to reopen months after tornado
© 2020 Cox Media Group