TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A tornado caused damage in north Tulsa early Tuesday morning, the National Weather Service gave the tornado a rating of EF-1
- SEE MORE: Photos of damage
- The FOX23 Severe Weather team tracked the storms as they moved through the area.
- READ MORE: Flash flooding, severe storms impact Green Country.
- Radar confirmed a tornado at Tulsa International Airport.
- FOX23 crews found homes with damage after trees fell from another tornado north of downtown Tulsa.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News and Weather apps for continued updates.
- Flooding is a big concern in Green Country and the Army Corps of Engineers is increasing the release at Keystone Dam to 100,000 cubic feet.
- Another increase is expected to 160,000 cubic feet at 6 p.m. Tuesday night.
Severe weather tore through Green Country Monday night and into Tuesday morning. Two tornadoes touched down in Tulsa during the later rounds of those storms.
The City of Tulsa officials say damage is confined to a 5-6 block area.
The FOX23 Severe Weather Team tracked storms that turned severe around 6 a.m. in north Tulsa. The National Weather Service confirmed one tornadoe at Tulsa International Airport.
Another tornado touched down north of downtown Tulsa.
FOX23 Chief Meteorologist James Aydelott tracked the changing conditions as storms moved through that neighborhood near I-44 and Peoria:
main circulation near I-44/Peoria, moving NE... tornado warning Tulsa. #okwx— James Aydelott☂✈ (@jamesaydelott) May 21, 2019
At one home, a tree fell into the house and the damage trapped a man by his arm inside. First responders freed him and he was taken to the hospital:
FOX23's Sara Hart was at the scene and got a look at some of the surrounding damage:
The Outsiders House also suffered damage at the hands of Tuesday's storms:
FOX23's Jenny Young talked to a woman who left her home just before the storm hit and blew a tree onto her home:
- Man charged in death of Tommie, pit bull tied to fence and set on fire
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- ‘Game of Throne' finale: Fans react with love, hate to epic series ending
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Horrified mother watches son, boyfriend drown as rip current drags them out to sea
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.