- COWETA, Okla. -
- Coweta police confirmed a fatal crash in the area Monday night.
- They said that officers and Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers responded to the crash near 111th and 273rd.
- The 17-year-old driver was going too fast, troopers told FOX23
- Her 18-year-old passenger, Jarley Mendoza, died instantly after they crashed into a telephone pole
- The driver was hospitalized
- Mendoza was a student at Coweta High School; counselors are at all school sites for extra support
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 7 inmates dead, 17 injured in South Carolina prison fighting
- Be ready for severe weather- download the FOX23 News app
- Neighbors reach out to help midtown Tulsa woman whose car was vandalized
- Election Board: Filing period closes with 794 candidates running in Oklahoma
- No one seems to think Carrie Underwood's face looks different after her accident
© 2019 Cox Media Group.