TULSA, Okla - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa police responded to a wreck at the Wal-Mart near 31st and Garnett Saturday just before 8 p.m.
- Desean Tallent had been shot and crashed his SUV into the store.
- Tallent later died.
- Deionna Young was arrested Monday in connection to the shooting.
- Young was arrested and booked on a charge of first-degree murder.
Police made an arrest Monday in connection to a deadly shooting in east Tulsa.
Officers arrested 25-year-old Deionna Young on a charge of first-degree murder for the death of 25-year-old Desean Tallent.
FOX23's Naomi Keitt spoke with Tallent's family after the arrest:
Tulsa police responded to a car crash near 31st and Garnett around 8 p.m. Saturday where they found Tallent had been shot. He was taken to the hospital and died shortly after.
After the incident, detectives say they learned Tallent had been involved in an altercation at the Arby's restaurant near 41st and Garnett about an hour prior to the crash. Police say Tallent allegedly threatened Deionna Young -- the restaurant's manager -- and spit on her.
Police say Tallent returned to the Arby's about an hour later and Young got in her car and followed him.
“We are currently conducting a comprehensive internal investigation into this incident. Additionally, we are fully cooperating with local authorities and will continue to offer support however we can. As this is an ongoing investigation, we ask that all further media inquiries are directed to the Tulsa Police Department.” - Arby's
Detectives say Young fired her gun at Tallent's SUV one time and returned to work. Tallent was hit by the bullet and crashed into the front of the Walmart Neighborhood Market at 31st and Garnett -- and later died.
Detectives credit video, the assault report, and a Crime Stoppers tip about two cars racing in the area to help piece together what happened.
This is the 13th homicide in Tulsa of 2019:
- Braum's releases 6 new ice cream flavors
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Police: Man dead after being shot, running car into east Tulsa Walmart
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Employee admits to spiking co-workers drink with LSD to get rid of ‘negative energy'
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.