JENKS, Okla. - A native Oklahoman won the drawing to scuba dive with sharks at the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks for Shark Week.
The aquarium held a contest to choose someone to dive into what they said is the world's largest collection of bull sharks.
Jodi Cooper has been selected out of 1,000 applicants from 36 states.
The shark dive will take place at 6:00 p.m. Thursday.
The aquarium has 10 bull sharks that they say can grow from seven to 11.5 feet and weigh between 200 and 500 pounds.
Cooper will wear a specialized 45 pound, $6,000 chainmail suit and a GoPro and swim alongside two scuba-certified staff members.
- Two people shot at south Tulsa apartment complex
- Day care provider gets probation for trying to hang toddler, running over 2 men
- Bartender's heartwarming act of kindness for homeless man goes viral
- 23 tourists injured when lava bomb from erupting Kilauea slams into tour boat
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
© 2019 Cox Media Group.