TULSA, Okla. - Ann's Bakery near Harvard and Admiral is closing for good Tuesday night.
FOX23 first reported in May when the decision was made to close the bakery.
The popular Tulsa bakery is celebrating 80 years and its final day in business from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Ann's is well known for its cakes and baked goods that have had the same recipes for generations.
Major repairs for the building and urgent family matters pushed the family to close. They also said many of their customer base has moved out of the area.
The family plans on donating some photos from the bakery's history to the Tulsa Historic Society.
- Roof collapses while firefighters battle flames in midtown Tulsa
- WATCH: Dad working 3 jobs surprises daughter with dream dress for school formal
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Lawn company allegedly vandalizes 87-year-old grandmother's yard over $35 dispute
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Shark stolen from San Antonio Aquarium rescued
© 2018 Cox Media Group.