OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — Police report the child has been found safe.
Oklahoma City police issued an Amber Alert early Saturday morning for an infant believed to be in immediate danger.
Officials said the child was with her 17-year-old mother when the alert was issued. Police were concerned because the mother had been diagnosed with depression, has mental health issues and was not taking prescribed medications.
The alert was canceled after the child and mother were found safe Saturday afternoon.
- FL Gov. Rick Scott signs new gun bill into law, just weeks after deadly school shooting
- Settlement reached in Eric Harris' family civil suit against Tulsa County
- Oklahoma teacher pay: Struggling to make ends meet
- ACLU accuses US of broadly separating immigrant families
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for new stories and breaking news emails
Cox Media Group