TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Altamont Apartments at 12th Street and Baltimore are reopening after a year-long, $2.7 million renovation.
- The apartments -- run by the Mental Health Association of Oklahoma -- are for low-income Tulsans who struggle with mental illness.
- The renovations include new windows, paint, air conditioning, an elevator, a new roof, new wiring, and sprinklers.
- All 39 units have individual bathrooms and kitchenettes.
- The renovations are paid for by National Housing Trust Funds, the Mental Health Association of Oklahoma and the City of Tulsa HUD Home Funds.
- Mayor G.T. Bynum says the apartments are a part of the city's overall goal to reduce homelessness in Tulsa.
© 2020 Cox Media Group