JENKS, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Russell Ray Wilson was accused of molesting an 11-year-old in Jenks in 2009.
- He disappeared soon after.
- U.S. Marshals say remains found in 2015 belonged to Wilson.
The U.S. Marshals Service says an accused child molester on the run for six years has been found dead.
Russell Ray Wilson was accused of molesting an 11-year-old and also having child porn in Jenks in December of 2009.
Trending now on FOX23.com
- Accused child molester found dead years after disappearance
- Guilty verdict reached in murder of pregnant Tulsa woman
- "A Dog's Purpose" directors respond to viral abuse allegations
- Missing Oklahoma woman found more than 20 years after disappearance
- Oklahoma care facility owner faces 17 counts of caretaker abuse after bite mark found on resident
He bonded out and was set for a hearing in April of 2011, but records say he never showed up.
Marshals say that is when Jenks police notified them, and that’s when they started a major search for the suspect.
A year later, the Tulsa Police Department posted Wilson as their most wanted, claiming that he should be considered a threat.
Marshals say they were dumbfounded. They say every lead led to nowhere.
Trending on FOX23.com
- 1 in custody, new leads on missing Pittsburg Co. woman
- Oklahoma AG Scott Pruitt begins EPA hearing
- Former President George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Isolated shower chances arrive with warmer temperatures
- Flames, smoke destroy Sand Springs building
In December 2015, officials say a hiker found a skull that appeared to have a gunshot wound at Arrowhead State Park near Lake Eufaula.
Marshals say they sent the remains off for DNA testing. Earlier this month, results showed that the remains belonged to Wilson.
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation estimates the skull had been at the park for about four years at the time it was found.
The marshals say that meets the timeline for when he disappeared.
Right now, investigators do not believe foul play is involved.
Neighbors who lived near the suspect when the accusations arose say they often wondered if he was ever found. They are glad there is finally closure.
Cox Media Group