TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A 93-year-old WWII veteran will represent Oklahoma during the coin toss before the OU-Texas game on Saturday.
- John Cochran served in the Navy on the U.S.S. Piranha in the Pacific Ocean theater. He has six battle stars for the ships his submarine sank and has been honored by the Cherokee Nation as a Cherokee Warrior.
- He later worked as the principal at Sapulpa High School for 10 years.
- Cochran and his family will fly by private jet to Dallas and attend the governors' dinner.
- FOX23 will air a special pregame show Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. Kickoff is scheduled for 11 a.m.
© 2020 Cox Media Group