TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A 93-year-old WWII veteran will represent Oklahoma during the coin toss before the OU-Texas game on Saturday.
- John Cochran served in the Navy on the U.S.S. Piranha in the Pacific Ocean theater. He has six battle stars for the ships his submarine sank and has been honored by the Cherokee Nation as a Cherokee Warrior.
- He later worked as the principal at Sapulpa High School for 10 years.
- Cochran and his family will fly by private jet to Dallas and attend the governors' dinner.
- FOX23 will air a special pregame show Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. Kickoff is scheduled for 11 a.m.
- Glowing orange hunter's moon rising this weekend, ushering in fall
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- CDC urging pregnant women to get flu shot, whooping cough vaccines
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Rihanna turned down Super Bowl halftime gig in support of Colin Kaepernick
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.