PAWNEE COUNTY, Okla. - A 4-year-old child died in a car crash Wednesday in Pawnee County.
It happened on State Highway 18 about nine miles south of Pawnee.
Officials said a 2010 Ford Escape left the road and hit a tree while traveling north. A driver and the child were the only people in the car.
The driver, identified as a 30-year-old Oilton woman, was taken to a Tulsa hospital in critical condition with multiple injuries.
Medical professionals pronounced the child dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Tiger Woods sued by parents of bartender employee who died in drunken driving crash
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Comedian Tim Conway, star of 'The Carol Burnett Show,' dies at 85
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Tulsa deputy under investigation after using slur in video
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.