TULSA, Okla. - Update 05/08/19: Tulsa police say they arrested Christopher President Wednesday in connection to the fatal shooting. President is the second person charged in this case, Melvin Porter has been in custody for two years.
- TPD responded to a robbery and death around 2 a.m.
- The deaths happened near 29th and MLK Jr. Boulevard
- Three people were shot; a witness came out of the house when police arrived
- The deaths mark Tulsa's 3rd, 4th and 5th homicides of the year
- Police identified two victims as Thomas Lee Brown, and his mother, Cara Brown. Tuesday they released the 3rd victim's name: Kenneth Sellers of Midwest City, Ok.
Tulsa police are investigating what they say is a triple homicide after a north Tulsa shooting.
They said someone shot and killed Thomas Lee Brown, Cara Brown and Kenneth Sellers at a home near 29th and MLK Jr. Boulevard.
Investigators said suspects were likely looking for either drugs or money in their home. Whichever it was, detectives said they believe the suspects found it.
Trending on FOX23.com
- 1 in custody, new leads on missing Pittsburg Co. woman
- Oklahoma AG Scott Pruitt begins EPA hearing
- Former President George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Isolated shower chances arrive with warmer temperatures
- Flames, smoke destroy Sand Springs building
They said witnesses told them Cara Brown had just received a lot of money from some kind of settlement.
Investigators told FOX23 they believe the suspects knew Thomas Brown, who was recently released from prison on burglary and drug charges.
They said Brown was likely the intended target, but his mother and her boyfriend were shot because they were potential witnesses.
The deaths mark Tulsa's third, fourth and fifth homicides of 2017.
Kieonnee Brown, Thomas Brown's girlfriend who reportedly found the bodies, was arrested on child endangerment complaints, because police say she left her five-year-old child at home alone during the incident.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.