TULSA, Okla. - Take a look back at some of the most-read local stories of 2018 on FOX23.com.
A duck boat accident on Table Rock Lake in Branson, Missouri, killed 17 people July 19, including the boat’s operator and nine members of an Indiana family, according to authorities. Fourteen other people were injured.
Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible were 16 years old in 1999, when they planned a sleepover to celebrate Freeman's birthday. Officials named and arrested a suspect in April 2018.
A statewide teacher walkout dominated local headlines in early 2018. It ended with Gov. Mary Fallin signing a bill to provide a pay raise for teachers, though not all demands were met.
A shooting that killed two children and injured another shocked the small community of Beggs this fall.
One person was killed in a rollover crash at the Big Meat Run off-road event in Disney last March, according to Grand River Dam Authority police.
An Amber Alert that lasted nearly 24 hours resulted in the arrest of a woman accused of running away with, and stabbing, her 11-year-old daughter in Tulsa.
An Oklahoma parent took to Facebook to voice her concerns after she claimed to have learned that her daughter was using the same school textbook country music star Blake Shelton used decades earlier.
Broken Arrow’s Rose District is one of America’s top 50 main streets, according to USA Today.
An explosion at an Oklahoma gas rig early last year killed five people in Quinton.
An employee of a Tulsa liquor store shot a serial robbery suspect who was allegedly trying to hold up the store.
- Michelle Obama unseats Hillary Clinton as most admired woman in America, poll shows
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Slithering surprise: Texas man 'freaked out' to find dozens of rattlesnakes underneath shed
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your newsfeed
- 40-year-old Doritos bag found during nature trail cleanup
- Celebratory gunfire illegal, dangerous, police warn ahead of New Year's Eve
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.