• 2 inn workers eat pot-laced candy left by guests, get sick

    SHELBURNE, Vt. (AP) - Police say two employees of an inn at a popular Vermont tourist destination ate marijuana-laced chocolate left behind by guests and got sick.

    Shelburne Police were called to the Inn at Shelburne Farms on Wednesday after receiving a report an employee felt ill and was lying in the parking lot.

    The two employees were taken to the hospital and have since been released.

    The inn's spokeswoman says that any food left behind is not to be consumed by staff and that the inn's training programs will be reviewed with employees. Police are asking that people who possess edibles keep them secure.

    The edibles in this case resembled malted milk balls.

    No charges will be filed against the guests.

    Recreational use of marijuana will become legal in Vermont on July 1.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    2 inn workers eat pot-laced candy left by guests, get sick

  • Headline Goes Here

    Maddow breaks down reading AP story on 'tender age' shelters

  • Headline Goes Here

    House GOP gets little direction from Trump on immigration

  • Headline Goes Here

    Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner

  • Headline Goes Here

    Another test of loyalty looms over Trump's Minnesota visit