• Community honors Porum mother, two children killed in fire

    Updated:

    Story Highlights

    • A home caught fire early Tuesday morning in Porum.
    • A mother and two young children died in the fire.
    • The children's father was taken to a hospital.

    PORUM, Okla. - Three people were killed when a space heater allegedly sparked a fire at a home in Muskogee County on Tuesday.

    Firefighters responded around 3 a.m. to the fire in Porum

    Flames reportedly engulfed a trailer at 5th and Chickasaw within minutes. Firefighters say they got the flames out in 30 minutes.

    Officials later confirmed that three people had died in the fire. They said that the bodies belonged to a mother and two young children.

    Officials said Kevin Fraley, the women's husband and father of the two kids, was burned trying to save them. The victims were identified as Tiffany Fraley, 3-year-old Raiden and 1-year-old Mia.

    The department encouraged residents to make sure they always have working smoke detectors in their home. 

    Donations can be made at Armstrong Bank under the name Porum Fire Fund for Kevin Fraley. 

    The Department will also be hosting a Bean/Chili Benefit Lunch with silent auction Sunday January 14th at the Porum School Cafeteria starting at 12:00. Community members organized a bake sale at the Porum Assembly of God to raise money for the family.

    A GoFundMe page was also set up, with donations going to the family.

    The fire marshal believes an electrical connection failure is to blame.


    Trending Now on FOX23.com


    Trending Video

    UGA wins Rose Bowl, heading to national championship game

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Community honors Porum mother, two children killed in fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Muskogee County man arrested for holding two teens against their will

  • Headline Goes Here

    Rogers County deputies and Owasso Police on the scene of a standoff

  • Headline Goes Here

    Homicide Detectives are investigating a fatal shooting in North Tulsa

  • Headline Goes Here

    Cherokee Nation orders review after "lapse in protocol" at hospital