PORUM, Okla. — Three people were killed when a space heater allegedly sparked a fire at a home in Muskogee County on Tuesday.
Firefighters responded around 3 a.m. to the fire in Porum
Flames reportedly engulfed a trailer at 5th and Chickasaw within minutes. Firefighters say they got the flames out in 30 minutes.
Officials later confirmed that three people had died in the fire. They said that the bodies belonged to a mother and two young children.
Officials said Kevin Fraley, the women's husband and father of the two kids, was burned trying to save them. The victims were identified as Tiffany Fraley, 3-year-old Raiden and 1-year-old Mia.
The department encouraged residents to make sure they always have working smoke detectors in their home.
Donations can be made at Armstrong Bank under the name Porum Fire Fund for Kevin Fraley.
The Department will also be hosting a Bean/Chili Benefit Lunch with silent auction Sunday January 14th at the Porum School Cafeteria starting at 12:00. Community members organized a bake sale at the Porum Assembly of God to raise money for the family.
A GoFundMe page was also set up, with donations going to the family.
The fire marshal believes an electrical connection failure is to blame.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Green Country schools cancel class during cold weather
- Baby boy aardvark at the Cincinnati Zoo needs a name - any ideas?
- Stay connected on the go- download the FOX23 News app
- Hollywood women launch #TimesUp campaign to end sexual harassment
- Teen kills parents, sister on New Year's Eve, officials say
© 2020 Cox Media Group