TULSA, Okla. — UPDATE: Murder charges were re-filed against William Bridges in the death investigation of Christopher Coffelt on Dec. 13, 2018. Bridges is charged with first-degree murder and his attorney said he will be turning himself in.
Charges were dropped in October pending further investigation after new evidence was found in the case.
- Police found one person dead near 61st and Yale in Feb. 2017.
- Police later released the victim's name: Christopher Coffelt.
- The alleged shooter reportedly called police; he went downtown for questioning.
- He told police "something happened inside the house" that led to the shooting.
- In October 2018, Tulsa County officials announced that the murder charge against Bridges has been dropped pending further investigation.
- Read the full statement from Prosecutor Julie Doss below:
Download the FOX23 News app for breaking developments to your phone
Trending Now on FOX23.com
Wagoner Co. ADA accused of DUI in hit and run
© 2020 Cox Media Group