TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- State and city leaders took part in the dedication of "Route 66 Rising" in north Tulsa on Tuesday.
- The dedication and ribbon-cutting took place at the Avery Traffic Circle at East Admiral Place and Mingo.
- Mayor G.T. Bynum and Lt. Gov. Matt Pinnell were in attendance.
- Joy Avery -- granddaughter of Cyrus Avery, the "Father of Route 66" -- spoke at the event.
- FOX23 streamed the dedication event on the FOX23 News App. DOWNLOAD the free app to the stream local and national events LIVE.
Want more stories on about Route 66? Check out the FOX23 Route 66 page HERE.
Join us July 11th on our digital platforms for the first episode of "Tracing Route 66."
- Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs found dead in hotel room; he was 27
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Blue Bell responds after video of woman licking ice cream in store, returning it to freezer
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Lil Nas X sets record with longest-running No.1 hip-hop song in history
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.