FOX is bringing back ‘90210’ with a twist and original cast members Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling.
The network explained the twist of the 6-episode event series in a news release:
“90210 comes with a big twist: Priestley, Garth, Ziering, Carteris, Green and Spelling will play heightened versions of themselves in a brand-new serialized drama – with a healthy dose of irreverence – that is inspired by their real lives and relationships.”
“Having gone their separate ways since the original series ended 19 years ago, Jason, Jennie, Ian, Gabrielle, Brian and Tori reunite when one of them suggests it’s time to get a “Beverly Hills, 90210” reboot up and running. But getting it going may make for an even more delicious soap than the reboot itself. What will happen when first loves, old romances, friends and frenemies come back together, as this iconic cast – whom the whole world watched grow up together – attempts to continue from where they left off?”
The show is based on the original "Beverly Hills, 90210," which ran for 10 seasons on FOX beginning in 1990.
- Stunning dragon aurora borealis lights up sky over Iceland
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Mom finds videos on YouTube, YouTube Kids containing suicide tips
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- United Methodist delegates reject recognizing gay marriage
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.