A celebrity with Oklahoma roots gave back to a special person in her life recently hurt.
Officer Justin Durrett remains in the hospital, recovering from a crash in Haskell County, where he was trapped under his car.
The 13-year veteran of the force is a father of tw; a GoFundMe was set up to take care of his family and medical expenses during recovery- and an interesting name popped up on the site.
A $10,000 donation from "Carrie Fisher" appeared over the weekend.
FOX23 confirmed the donation was from Checotah's own Carrie Underwood. Underwood's husband is retired hockey player Mike Fisher.
Durrett's girlfriend said Durrett serves as main security for Underwood when she visits her home town.
"So so sweet of her", said Durrett's girlfriend.
Trending on FOX23
- WATCH: Fergie's national anthem performance at the NBA All-Star Game baffles viewers
- Join the conversation: ‘Like’ FOX23 News on Facebook
- Police investigate two south Tulsa robberies
- Breaking news on your mobile device- FREE FOX23 News app download
- Florida school shooting: Teacher of the year's emotional Facebook post goes viral
© 2018 Cox Media Group.