OKLAHOMA - Oklahoma-native Vince Gill is among those nominated for the 2019 Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Gill -- a Grammy award-winning country singer -- was born in Norman, Oklahoma in 1957. He joins Missy Elliot, Mariah Carey, Cat Stevens, and several other artists nominated for 2019 induction.
Gill has sold more than 26 million albums, won 20 Grammys, and earned 18 CMA awards. He recently released his 18th studio album, "Down to My Last Bad Habit."
Six of the nominees will be inducted at the 50th annual Songwriters Hall of Fame Induction Awards Gala in New York. Eligible Hall of Fame voters have until December 17 to decide the inductees.
- Thousand Oaks shooting: 12 killed, including deputy, at California bar; suspect also dead
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- White House suspends CNN reporter Jim Acosta’s press credentials
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mississippi voter's shirt depicting noose, Confederate flag sparks outrage
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.