by: Greg Brown Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- The #TULSAFLAG campaign is trying to get the city a new flag.
- They are asking for flag ideas through November.
- They hope to have the new flag in place by May.
A group says Tulsa's flag needs an update.
The #TULSAFLAG campaign says the city needs a flag that represents all Tulsans.
The group says the current flag is the city seal pasted on a white background. They say the detail is not effective on a flag viewed from 100 feet away.
They also say the copyright on the flag prevents mass production, and flying the flag at homes and businesses would be illegal, due to city ordinances.
Groups like Tulsa Young Professionals and the Resolute Public Relations Group sponsor the movement.
They are taking input on the flag's new design in November. They plan to design flags and provide a selection throughout December and January. Tulsa is set to vote on the top flag designs in February.
The flag will go before the Tulsa City Council in either March or April, and a launch party is set for May.
TRENDING ON FOX23
- Earthquake in Pawnee overnight
- Two Iowa police officers killed in ambush attacks
- Employees robbed at Popeye’s in north Tulsa
- OU player Joe Mixon suspended over a parking ticket
- Rain chances return as temps cool off
© 2017 Cox Media Group.