by: Rick Maranon Updated:
TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A teen walking to school near Owen Park escaped a man
- He allegedly tried to grab her
- Police say he drove a dodge truck pulling a trailer
- The girl said the man was a black male, bald, clean shaven possibly in his 30s
Officials said a 13-year-old girl escaped an attempted abduction in Tulsa's Owen Park neighborhood on Thursday.
Tulsa police told FOX23 a man tried talking to the girl and complimenting her. He then allegedly followed her in his truck and tried to grab her as she was walking to school.
The girl escaped and ran to school to get help. She was not injured and police said she provided a helpful description of the man.
Investigators are looking for another vehicle who the girl said passed by during the abduction attempt. They are hoping that driving can help provide more information about what happened.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- One dead, one in the hospital after men hit by vehicle in west Tulsa
- Vietnam War veteran receives welcome 40 years after his return from the battlefield
- Website lists 2017's highest-paying jobs in the country
- Bomb threat evacuates Osage Casino
- Dozens of Crutcher family supporters fill courtroom as Betty Shelby appears before judge
© 2017 Cox Media Group.